How are Workflow Tools Used and What Business Results Do They Offer?
Workflow tools in and of themselves are not the answer to your business bottlenecks. The best workflow tool in the world won’t solve any problems if not used properly. It is simply a tool that, when wielded properly can replace outdated manual methods of request and task handling with an intelligent, streamlined digital workflow.
What is the actual impact of workflow tools? Here are some examples:
- Streamline and speed up internal processes by reducing manual entry and request handling.
- Reduce errors and re-work.
- Reduce risk of improperly approved requests.
- Improve compliance with audit trails.
- Increase output and increase productivity (this goes for people handling requests as well as requestors).
- A unified, personalized request experience for employees.
- Track request status (completed, pending, or in-progress, etc.) in real time
- Identify performance trends (group and individual) over time.
- Reduced license overhead for enterprise systems (ERP, CRM, etc.)
- Monitor team progress against Service Level Agreements.
- Identify and remove process barriers or bottlenecks.
- Better align tasks with the appropriate skillsets.
- Drastically reduce paperwork and associated costs and waste.
- Reduce need for manual decision making and handling with business rules.
On the right is an illustration of a specific workflow process created using workflow tools. The manual steps of emails, paperwork and spreadsheets has been replaced with a digital, automated series of tasks that are executed in the background until an employee needs to approve or disapprove of a request.
The obvious business impact is that staff who handle multiple requests daily are given back time to devote to more strategic work and spend less time dealing with the minutiae manually-managed tasks.
However, employees who make requests can look forward to:
- A quicker, easier method for making requests.
- Complete visibility into the status of their requests.
- Faster turnaround times for requests.
- Better data accuracy in the handling of their requests.
Overall, workflow tools like Integrify have saved organizations thousands of dollars in lost time and mistakes.