Complaint Handling and Management
Automate and Improve Your Complaint Management Process
How Effective is Your Complaint Handling and Management Process?
No matter what product or service your company provides, you need a system for your complaint management process. Automating the intake, routing, task assignment, and tracking for customer complaints can greatly improve customer satisfaction, product quality, and internal/external compliance requirements. Whether you're a global pharmaceutical company under regulatory scrutiny or a university handling complaints regarding faculty, Integrify can provide a rock-solid, auditable system for handling customer complaints as well as complaints from employees, vendors, citizens, and more.
The Importance of a Robust Complaint Management System
You can be the best company in the world, but at the end of the day, all companies are made up of humans, and humans make mistakes. Whether it’s a lapse in customer service, a defect in your manufacturing process, or maybe misreading the market, you should assume that sooner or later, you will need to handle a customer complaint – or a complaint from a vendor, or an employee, or anyone else.
As a result, it’s critical to ensure that you have a complaint management system in place to address these complaints when they come up. How will you react to the complaint?
Proper complaint management serves two primary purposes:
- It helps with customer retention and public image. A customer who complains is a customer scorned – and a customer your business is in danger of losing. Addressing their complaints may or may not retain them as a customer, but poor complaint management will absolutely lose them. Demonstrating your commitment to your customers who are unhappy with the products or services you provide will help keep customers on board, and may even make them evangelists for your cause. Who doesn’t like a good “I had a problem, but Company X went out of their way to make it right” story?
This is also true for non-customer complaints. Addressing an employee’s complaint through a consistent complaint management process will make them feel valued, and help them know that if they encounter further problems they can be resolved to satisfaction.
- It helps identify and fix problems. Not every complaint is a valid one, but many of them are. A proper complaint management system will help you sort the signal from the noise. Do you actually have manufacturing defects in your products? Do you have problems in your customer service team that might lead to unsatisfied customers, or problems in promoting valued employees from within? When you institute a robust complaint management process, you will ensure that you can identify and fix problems rather than letting them fester.
Integrify provides a robust platform for designing complaint intake forms for customers, employees, vendors, or students that can be deployed on any Web site. Complaint submissions can then be tracked and routed through your organization using smart logic to ensure standard operating procedures are followed to ensure you resolve the issue and make every customer happy.
Complaint Handling Features
- Design simple or dynamic forms for complaint intake.
- Route complaints based on type or severity.
- Assign specific follow-up tasks to individuals or groups.
- Set escalations, delegations, and reminders.
- Automatically monitor an email inbox for complaints.
- Track performance of complaint handlers and set KPIs.
- Store historical data on all complaints and resolutions as long as needed.
- Track all actions taken regarding a filed complaint including user and time/date stamp.
- Integrate your complaint system with your existing document management or other systems.
Benefits of Better Complaint Handling
- A standardized, consistent, auditable system for handling complaints and complaint data.
- Continuous complaint handling improvement based on performance monitoring.
- Consistent data capture at the point of intake.
- A secure, tested environment that meets the most rigorous standards.
- The flexibility to adjust processes and customize the system based on your organization's needs.
- A more predictable and positive customer relationship.
We'd love to hear about your complaint handling process and let you know how Integrify can automate and streamline your complaint workflow.
Interested in Automating Your Complaint Management System?
We have a variety of resources to help you on your journey to an automated complaint management workflow.