Service Request Management
Service Request Management allows all departments to efficiently manage any type of request from employees, customers, and vendors
Manage service requests more efficiently and more accurately with workflow automation.
Service request management provides all departments, including HR, Finance, Marketing/Sales, IT, Compliance, etc., with a self-service portal that allows them to accept and manage a variety of service requests from both internal and external customers. Once requests are received, they are routed based on preset business rules and all activity related to the request is tracked for complete visibility.
Request management systems can handle all these needs, especially when the system is easily-configured to behave in a way that meets department and organizational requirements. Service desk software like Integrify provides the essential tools for an excellent experience for requesters and service providers.
Request Management Description/Summary
In the simple model above, you can see how a service request management collects, tracks and routes individual requests to the proper staff for processing.
- Internal and external users are given access to a portal where they can submit service requests, track the status of their requests, take any necessary follow-up actions and provide feedback to staff handling their requests.
- Administrators create request-specific forms that collect all required information to ensure that the proper service request information is provided in the proper format.
- Administrators also create workflow rules and processes that take submitted forms and route them as needed. Processes can be simple, single-threaded flows from A to B to C or complex, multi-threaded flows that branch off based on logic built-in to the workflow.
Integrify Service Request Management Explained
Workflow for Request Management: Example
Service Request Management systems provide tools for developing workflows that follow preset business rules and ensure that requests are received by the best person to handle them. This could be based on role, management level, department, etc.
Alerts can be configured to indicate that a new request has been submitted, and reminders at preset intervals that ensure the request is handled promptly. This prevents the need for emails and phone calls to follow up on request status. In addition, the requester can track the progress of the request and see who is currently working on it.
Here's an example of a process designed with Integrify that allows employees to request capital expenditures:
Each step or "Task" moves a request forward through the process until it's completed. Meanwhile, the user can see where the request is at any point via the User Portal.
Bringing it All Together
We've talked a lot about what happens behind the scenes in request management, but what does the user experience look like?
Integrify provides administrators with a dashboard editor that gives self-service users access to necessary information and request processes using flexible widgets. Widgets can be:
- Task Lists
- Request Launch Buttons
Here's an example of an employee self-service dashboard in Integrify.
Interested in Automating Your Service Requests?
We have a variety of resources to help you on your journey to an automated service workflow.
- Workflow Tools and eBooks
- Workflow Ideas Weekly eMail Newsletter
- Recorded Demonstration of our Workflow Automation Software
- Request a Live Demonstration
Automate Your Service Request Processes
To see how quickly you can begin automating your shared services, request a demonstration or trial of Integrify.